Sign in to follow this  
Coastercraze

Starbound

Just watched the trailer on Steam and it appears to be a Terraria like game but with an actual storyline and a lot more going on inside.

Has anyone picked this up yet? I am considering it (though I might wait until the Steam winter sale - not sure yet)

What the heck... I just got a call from CraftyWalrus about an hour ago regarding this game. He said he would normally look into a game a bit further before throwing $15 at it, but he said he had over 20 Steam friends who were constantly playing it, so he said he had to get it. I'll be getting it soon and joining him in his adventures.

Pretty fun. Just got it and played for a half hour. Great visuals, music, gameplay, etc. Have only tried SP so far, so I'll have to give multiplayer a try once I find a server.

Know of any good ones yet, Lief?

Just bought it myself and downloading / installing it. A server shouldn't be too hard since it runs off linux anyways.

Edit: Uploading a server now... will take a couple hrs to work on it.

Double Edits: Server live at star.wabuf.com (use toxic.wabuf.com if not propagated)

I always planned on getting terraria but never got around to it, this seems quite a bit better plus it has a story :o definitely picking this up when i get home from work

Indeed, it's actually quite nice! Lots of planets out there to explore :) Hopefully the updates don't wipe the worlds too often though.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed out when I had to completely recreate my character... Thankfully I have photographic memory and know exactly how it was. :-)

Might be good exercise to start over every now and then.