PC audio static -> Performance drop -> Disconnection from internet.

Canga

I'm not even kidding, everytime I turn on my computer and any audio is played this happens in this order. I have never experience so many seemingly random errors reproduced 9/10 times.

Anybody know what the heck is happening, or is my computer reaching it's death.

Edit: Worth mentioning that the only way to fix the computer is a approx. 15-20 minute restart

All you need to do i-- WHOA .. Audio -> Speed -> Network, 15-20 minute reboot!?

Odd chain of events indeed. All I can figure is a general busing failure. If this is the case, this is circuitry-related and serious. I'm thinking a capacitor blew and/or is leaking. A good way to tell is visibly. Look for something like the following:

capblown_6.jpg

You should also be looking for a bulged (not flat) top, broken coat, or severely bent/completely detached leads. Capacitors are known to be the cause for a lot of "noise" if subject to previously stated issues. This noise can artifact as garbled audio, grainy graphics, interruptions in basic board communications (i.e. network, peripherals, etc.).

A damaged capacitor can cause too much or too little voltage to be passed through like-bused components. Some components on the board are directly wired to the board and are subject to these issues whereas other components have their own power supply/inverter that secures its own stable power directly from the supply (not the board).

It's my guess that you have integrated audio and network chips. The inadequate supply of power reaches the audio chip, then some controller like your memory or processor that slows things, then finally your network chip.

Computer_system_bus.svg

The illustration above shows how data moves throughout the bused components on your motherboard. If you find something like a busted capacitor and you're good with a soldering gun, read up on what kind of capacitor it was, buy it, and solder a new one on. Worth a few bucks if it works .. before replacing the board.

Hope this helps, strange problem. :/

Finals are almost over and I will get on it tomorrow, but  (unrelated but I don't want to make another thread) I've come across this when opening the fourm and I'm kind of freaked out

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.thechunkrepublic.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

www.thechunkrepublic.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

Finals are almost over and I will get on it tomorrow, but  (unrelated but I don't want to make another thread) I've come across this when opening the fourm and I'm kind of freaked out

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.thechunkrepublic.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

www.thechunkrepublic.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

Yeah just refresh / clear your cache. I have a SSL certficate installed and attempted to make it work all over, but IPB likes to hide crap so it didn't work 100% as it should have (at least in FireFox - kept loading blank pages and spitting out warnings). I left it on for logins and logouts so it should be good.