Absence from server

Mythil

• 3 weeks later...

I too, will be absent from the server for the next few days. I'm currently finishing the final course of my major and need the study and project preparation time more than ever.

Any previous Chunk Republic sponsorships led by me will be on hold until my studies ease up--in around a week. However, those needing help can contact other Moderators or Admin (through the private message system) about picking up your sponsorship until I get back.

Skyrim < The Witcher II != Minecraft

You all lack some major logic skills; Skyrim is a wannabe Witcher II and has no quantifiable correlation to Minecraft.

uh... witcher I came out in 07, a year or two after Oblivion, which was the fourth installment of the elder scrolls. Who is a rip-off of who again?

uh... witcher I came out in 07, a year or two after Oblivion, which was the fourth installment of the elder scrolls. Who is a rip-off of who again?

LOL .. doesn't mean they copied. The Witcher II has better graphics, storyline, gameplay, customization, acting, etc... and I'm not even in to those types of games; I got totally immersed. It's simply not arguable to which is better. Played on the proper hardware (i.e. not console), the graphics of Witcher II alone beat all aspects of Skyrim, hands down. It's being hailed as the next performance PC benchmark.

Okay all joking aside, this is why I don't agree with you:

I don't see witcher as being an RPG, which is what skyrim fulfills so gracefully. In witcher, you may have customer characterization as far as abilities and what you are able to do, but you are still the character witcher, and the storyline isn't NEARLY as dynamic as an Elder Scrolls game (especially Morrowind). In Skyrim, you choose your character from their looks to their race to what they do for a living, and the different styles of combat create completely different gameplay, not just different pros/cons.

Witcher II is a good game, and its VERY well done (both with cinematics and gameplay) and entertaining. Its just not as good as Skyrim relating to the free worldness of it all...

and I don't understand where you're coming from when you say that Skyrim is a wannabe witcher. I don't think they are similar enough to make that correlation.

I'm making the correlation based on The Witcher II => severely underrated, Skyrim => severely overrated; It's a fact.

Yes, Skyrim has game of the year, but only because Bethesda isn't indie. They hyped Skyrim until everyone's balls hurt and for what .. a black and white, last-gen excuse for a game? Skyrim is seriously under-developed, Game-of-the-Year or not.

Haha good point mythil. And wab, I don't think Skyrim is overrated at all. I have skipped multiple days of school just to play it :P. I think it doesn't get the recognition it deserves (i.e. its fan base isn't as large as it should be)

I just don't enjoy the gameplay of witcher too much... too many cinematics and the combat kinda reminds me of assassins creed with some fancy new bells and whistles. Sorry we have different opinions :/

• 2 weeks later...