Saturday Fun Times o 3o

Mythil

Do we still want to meet up on Saturdays to play Minecraft?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do we still want to meet up on Saturdays to play Minecraft?

• NO, LET US NEVER MEET UP AGAIN.
    • NO, SINCE THE PLANNING WAS TERRIBLE SO YOU [Mythil] SHOULD FEEL TERRIBLE.
    • Yes, Ultra Hardcore ftw!
    • Yes, but I want to play other things other than Ultra Hardcore!
    • Yes, but I want to play other games too [BF3, Arma II [Day Z], Terraria]!
    • Yes, but Saturdays are not a good day for me!

Well, its summer, so chances are, nothing will be happening until fall or in two months-ish. I just wanted to make a poll to see what you guise wanted so I can prepare in talking to people and planning for events during the fall, winter, and spring.

WAIT FOR EDITS, STILL WRITING STUFFFFFFFFFF

OKAY SO, I was bored so I thought of a game that we could potentially play. I think it's pretty good since it encompasses all the aspects of Minecraft.

The game is called: THE SERVER

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

THE SERVER

Expected Play Time: Less than an hour (so it's not an entire dedicated day to Minecraft)

Overview: There is a "new server" starting. There are a couple of moderators and players start coming in. But alas, THERE BE GRIEFERS! When the game starts, everyone is given a role (secretly). The roles are GRIEFER, MODERATOR, AND BUILDER. You are not allowed to tell each other what it is, except for the moderators. 3 Minecraft days are given to the players to build a certain structure and a certain monument. The structure could be ranging from a farm with animals to a skyscraper 100 blocks tall. The monument will be made of a lot of rare ores, like gold, diamond, and lapis. An example of a monument is an iron golem except made out of gold. Since the game is on hardcore mode, your death will result in a insta-ban, so be careful!

-----------------

RULES:

- Do NOT tell what role you are assigned.

- AFK is allowed, but after 1 full Minecraft day of AFK, you bet banned.

- Since the game is a hardcore world, death is an instant ban.

- The Moderators can call ONE ban and ONE unban at any moment in the entirety of the game. If they ban a griefer, that is good. If they ban a builder, they instantly get banned themselves, while the banned builder returns to the game.

- Upon sunset every day, everyone can decide on ONE person they all mostly agree to ban. This is called the community ban.

- Upon community ban, you cannot come back into the game unless a Moderator uses his unban on you.

- Upon death ban, you cannot come back into the game until the next round.

- Any person who is not banned can join the game, upon the sunrise of the third day aka the guy who suddenly joins for no reason.

- Upon ban, assuming you are in the gigantic skype call, you reveal what your role.

- DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES aka WHEN YOU DIE, YOU CANNOT SAY A DANG THING ABOUT THE GAME. In other words, if Zoa was the one who pushed Lief into the pool of lava, Lief can't say anything about that after he gets the GAME OVER. Before hand its okay, such as "ZOA OMG WTF R U DOING! ZOA JUST PUSHED ME-" [Game over screen] "I was builder. I like cheesepuffs, who is with me in revolting against the government etcetc."

- Griefers gonna grief.

-----------------

HOW TO WIN:

Griefer: The builders do NOT complete the monument / building by the time the 3 Minecraft Days are over.

Builder: The monument and building are complete!

Moderator: The monument and building are complete!

This means the griefers have the potential of winning even if they don't grief at all!

-----------------

REQUIREMENTS:

Persons: 5+ needed

Different server [like in U.H.] optional, but would be nice.

A fresh world or a chunks of fresh world.

-----------------

SETUP:

An initial spawn area where there are open iron doors leading to different obsidian rooms. Each player chooses a room. Inside the doors, there is a switch to lock the iron door, so no one else can go in.

Inside the room there is a sign with the role on it along with a chest that corresponds to the role.

Builder - Iron pickaxe

Griefer - Iron pickaxe and 2 TNT

Moderator - Iron pickaxe and full gold armor [to show that they are Moderator and harder to kill :evil: ]

On the end of the room, there is a door leading to the world outside. Once the pressure plate, that activated the door, is activated, a TNT is due to blow the room to bits, to hide what your role is.

After everyone has left their rooms and into the world, a person with permissions will set time to 0 and then the game will end on the dawn of the fourth day, where the person with permissions will stop the server. The server will be restarted so grading can be done.

NOTE: You cannot enter the spawn after you have left it. The monument instructions and building instructions are shown behind a glass case right outside of spawn. You cannot build neat the spawn and glass case.

The spawn is prefabriated and is copy and pasted into the fresh world.

--------------------

# of players and game ratios:

5 players: 2 griefers, 1 Moderator, 2 builders

6 players: 2 griefers, 1 Moderator, 3 builders

7 players: 2 griefers, 1 Moderator, 4 builders

8 players: 3 griefers, 1 Moderator, 4 builders

9 players: 3 griefers, 1 Moderator, 5 builders

10 players: 4 griefers, 2 Moderator, 4 builders

11 players: 4 griefers, 2 Moderator, 5 builders

12 players: 4 griefers, 2 Moderator, 6 builders

etc

Tip: A message will display "Zoa killed Mythil wielding a iron sword" so chances are you about to insta-ban afterwards lol.

Any comments?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MIFFEL

IDEA ALERT!

every saturday a new game.....

AWESOME!

each saturday will be planned by a group that is up to this hard challenge

the game will be chosen the week before we play it

EX if we were to play uhs this saturday we should already have a choice for the next and we must tell the admins so they have time to set up

AWESOME!

IDEA ALERT #2

i forgot

will edit when remembered

The whole part of that would make the killings [if they happen] more intense, since the griefer can't straight up kill the guy, but maybe push into lava [Mythil burned to death], suffocation trap, or even a nicely planted mine [Mythil exploded].

The whole point is that the griefer will have to be creative in not getting caught, while everyone must be vigilant, while building and surviving, since starvation kills you in hardcore.

Yes, this game was influenced by the "card" game mafia along with the italian game BANG! Just made more minecrafty.

@ gansta, I'll keep everyone updated. This is just the planning phase.

AWESOME!

mythil we must do this im too anxious!

please just any minecraft activity before I EXPLODE

this is my 99th post ;)

MY timeline

June 23: a chilled relaxed game of UH to get the juices flowing XD

June 30: [up to the chunk republic]

1. DayZ reunion [i will not take place as I don't have DayZ]

2. UH [not sure if anyone wants to play since we will do it last week but you never know]

3. Noxcrew Gameshow {OMG it looks so freaking epic!]

4. mod griefer builder [ I really want to try this out]

Note: ALL times should be announced soon

@Mythil: I was wondering if you could do some polls. Asking what time everyone prefers? Can members make polls?

Note #2: Admins you will find the appropriate game the week before so you don't have to worry a ton :D

Note #3: I don't even now if I should be setting this up but I just want to have sum saturday fun timez o 3o

Note#4 I'm probably missing a TON of games but you can always drop a comment'

Note #5 I'm doing a lot of things that I dunno if they were agreed or disagreed on already so can someone help me out heres?

EDIT: WE have a bit of a problem i need to remake the decision room all by meself :(

THANKS! -gansta434