End of Stream?

Shaw_ShankD

Happens to everyone occasionally. Minecraft.net was doing some work today, so response times weren't quite what they should've been. In terms of server health, I always keep everything up to date. We're on a safe dev-release of CB and the latest Minecraft server JAR; as always. The server's CPU has been running hot which we've diagnosed to be a combination of Lars and Jonas' mob farms and RS-clocks which people leave turned on in creative--namely Maseface.

Any time neither Lars nor Jonas are on, the server's CPU hovers around 8%. Any time Lars and/or Jonas are on, CPU baselines at 35% and has been above 100% (meaning approaching corruption or overheating).

What to do about that? I have no clue. I suggested to Lars to spread things out across many different chunks; build laterally, not vertically. If the issue persists or worsens, I'll either spread their stuff out (via copy/paste) or force them to start fresh and build laterally.

Any time neither Lars nor Jonas are on, the server's CPU hovers around 8%. Any time Lars and/or Jonas are on, CPU baselines at 35% and has been above 100% (meaning approaching corruption or overheating).

so instead of telling both of us about it, you're gonna go in and ruin most of our animal farm?

If you had just taken those few minutes to tell us, then we would have fixed it.

I've spend hours on 2 of the farms, which you have almost completely destroyed.....

If the server cannot function with the farms, they must go or be spread out. Simple as that.

We will see if the issue persists.

Only reason I butchered (and I do often), is to see if that was the problem .. It was. I was nice enough to give more than half of them back through spawning more. Be reasonable.

Butchering is not griefing. It's an admin command which can be used when need be. And need has been.

The both of you were made aware of this many hours in advance.

If you repeatedly fail to acknowledge, that's taken as a yes.

And for all your sass, I gave back around about .. 1,500% of your animals. Good luck with all dat lag. #provingapoint

All I'm doing is just some harmless diagnostic test which proved to be very helpful in discovering the root of our lag issues. If you would like me to stop finding and preventing sources of lag, just let me know. I feel that it is in the best interest of everyone who plays on the server to eliminate as much lag as possible (tbh, most admin out there would simply reset those 'laggy chunks').

EDIT: Not to drag Lars into this (I know he wants to remain neutral), he somewhat agreed to shift things a little and spread out. I told him that I'd be willing to worldedit anything in order to help spread things out. Including copy and pasting of chests, respawning of animals, etc...

Mythil sometimes unlucky stuff happens and you have to deal with it for example i had a spot on a AA baseball team and some other players from another leauge couldnt't get enough people for their AAA team so they tried out for my leauge bumping me down to A and i had to deal with it and that's a real life situation not a video game and wabuf is being a great admin and still making sure they have their stuff so it is simple sometimes you have to deal with unlucky stuff and hope for the best i am not trying to be rude about it i just want to make my pint and say my opinion.

Well, obviously you deal with it. Just trying to keep the peace in situations where people are upset or angry is a hard thing to do.

Someone loses their house because of someone else, you don't go up to the guy and say "Suck it up." Even in a video game its a dick thing to do.

Lazy, if you ever get the opportunity to mediate an argument, please do so, my words will make more sense then. Remember, I don't care that wabuf killed Jonas's stuff, but Jonas was upset, so I said my thoughts on the matter, privately and publicly. A moderator moderates and makes sure everything is good. Fighting isn't good. Fighting over petty things isn't good either.

No, I know you aren't a dick, you are a good person. What I was trying to say, was to look at it in a different perspective. Jonas probably doesn't think like you. You probably don't think like Jonas. That is okay, since the world would be pretty boring if everyone was the same person.

Just remember, you got to put yourself in everyone else's shoes. I had to put myself in wabuf's shoes (lag is bad for server) and Jonas's shoes (Getting that many animals took forever, I have wasted my time).